The Vital Statistics Office can issue birth certificates for anyone born in Ohio from December 20, 1908 to present. To request a birth certificate, please contact the Vital Statistics Office or submit a request for a Birth Certificate.
Birth Certificates are $28.00 each.
The following information is needed:
- The full name as it appears on the birth certificate.
- The name of the city or county in which the birth occurred.
- The mother’s first name and maiden name.
- The father’s first name and last name.
- The date of birth of the individual.
- The full name and address of the person requesting the certificate.
The Vital Statistics Office can issue death certificates for any person who has died in Pickaway County from December 20, 1908 to present. To request a death certificate, please contact the Vital Statistics Office or submit a request for a Death Certificate.
Death Certificates are $28.00.
- Please provide the decedent’s full name and date of death.
New Adoption Laws
Effective March 20, 2015, a change in law will affect access to adoption records. For adoptions occurring between January 1, 1964 and September 18, 1996 records that have been sealed will now be available to adoptees. Call the Ohio Department of Health’s customer service line for more information at 614-466-2531. Detailed guidance can also be found on Ohio Department of Health’s webpage for vital statistics.
You can pay for a birth or death certificate by cash, credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express) or by money order. No personal checks are accepted.
We also accept credit card payments by phone (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express).